Monday, August 6, 2012

Family Movie Night Reviews- Planet 51

We try to set aside Saturday evenings with no guests, no computer, no video games and all sit down as a family to watch a movie together. We don't have cable or wish to subscribe to any kind of movie service, so we buy a DVD once in a while to add to our library. Some are keepers and some are not. Finding it very difficult to find info online about specific movies that fit our criteria, I thought I would start reviewing ours here, on the Monday after mostly, and hopefully be able to be of use to anyone looking to build their own family movie library.









The kids got this one for Christmas last year. We just got around to viewing it this weekend.


In brief, planet 51 is home to these green alien people who are "invaded" by a human astronaut. He (the human) has 72 hours to get back to his ship or he will be stuck there. Everyone is afraid of him and the government is out to get him, but  he runs into an inhabitant who helps him to return home.


It was kind of cute, there were some funny jokes and a couple of nice scenes of self-sacrifice and loving your enemies.   There were some instances of crude humor that I could have done without,  but no bad words or blasphemy.  I doubt that it will make it into our regular rotation, but I think it is fine for family viewing.

3 comments:

  1. I love your Movie review Mondays! We saw this a while ago and it was Ok I guess ( I have to admit when those light go down I fall sleep within 10-15 minutes!) LOL!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I guess, I think that sums it up well:)

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome..