We try to set aside Saturday evenings with no guests, no computer, no video games and all sit down as a family to watch a movie together. We don't have cable or wish to subscribe to any kind of movie service, so we buy a DVD once in a while to add to our library. Some are keepers and some are not. Finding it very difficult to find info online about specific movies that fit our criteria, I thought I would start reviewing ours here, on the Monday after mostly, and hopefully be able to be of use to anyone looking to build their own family movie library.
We got this one along with a few others from a nice lady at our church who has apparently seen the blog here. Neat:) She gave me her blessing to watch, trade, give away the bunch. We picked this one first to check out.
A little fish in a big ocean wants to make it big. When the favorite son of a shark mob boss gets accidentally killed, Oscar (the little fish) takes advantage of the situation and becomes famous for slaying the dreaded shark. He later teams up with the mob boss's not so favorite son to keep up the ruse. He finds out that fame and fortune aren't all they seemed to be, comes clean, gets the girl and lives happily ever after.
It was entertaining enough. There are a lot of "wise guy" type references and "mild language" according to the box, but I didn't really notice any myself. I think the kids will probably want to watch it again, but I don't think the Mr. was too impressed. It can go into our not movie night movie pile for them to watch on a rainy day.
Shark Tale was fine for our family to watch.
We got this one along with a few others from a nice lady at our church who has apparently seen the blog here. Neat:) She gave me her blessing to watch, trade, give away the bunch. We picked this one first to check out.
A little fish in a big ocean wants to make it big. When the favorite son of a shark mob boss gets accidentally killed, Oscar (the little fish) takes advantage of the situation and becomes famous for slaying the dreaded shark. He later teams up with the mob boss's not so favorite son to keep up the ruse. He finds out that fame and fortune aren't all they seemed to be, comes clean, gets the girl and lives happily ever after.
It was entertaining enough. There are a lot of "wise guy" type references and "mild language" according to the box, but I didn't really notice any myself. I think the kids will probably want to watch it again, but I don't think the Mr. was too impressed. It can go into our not movie night movie pile for them to watch on a rainy day.
Shark Tale was fine for our family to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are always welcome..