We try to set aside Saturday evenings with no guests, no computer, no video games and all sit down as a family to watch a movie together. We don't have cable or wish to subscribe to any kind of movie service, so we buy a DVD once in a while to add to our library. Some are keepers and some are not. Finding it very difficult to find info online about specific movies that fit our criteria, I thought I would start reviewing ours here, usually on Monday. Hopefully this will be of use to anyone looking to build their own family movie library.
This was another DVD given to us recently- thank you!
In short, a geeky high school girl finds out her dad was the prince of a European country. He has recently died and her grandmother, the queen, comes to the States and tells her she is the rightful heir to the throne. Her mom never told her this while she was growing up and and been divorced from the prince for most of Mia's life. She goes through "princess lessons" and has to decide whether she will accept the title or not in three weeks as the Genovian Independence Day Ball.
This was cute and funny in places. It is rated G, but I may have given it a PG for some teenage smooching - not too over the top, but still. There was no bad language or blasphemy, but if issues of divorce, dating, and the like are not something your family wants to tackle, this may not be good.
It was a bit long at about 2 hours, but did keep the kids' attention. It was enjoyable, but not really a family movie for us, it was more geared toward young adult girls. I could totally see it being a good slumber party movie.
| The cover is a bit strange. I don't recall Mia wearing sunglasses or headphones in the movie at any time. It immediately makes me think of the cover of Tommy. I don't know why I think of these things. Carry on..... |
This was another DVD given to us recently- thank you!
In short, a geeky high school girl finds out her dad was the prince of a European country. He has recently died and her grandmother, the queen, comes to the States and tells her she is the rightful heir to the throne. Her mom never told her this while she was growing up and and been divorced from the prince for most of Mia's life. She goes through "princess lessons" and has to decide whether she will accept the title or not in three weeks as the Genovian Independence Day Ball.
This was cute and funny in places. It is rated G, but I may have given it a PG for some teenage smooching - not too over the top, but still. There was no bad language or blasphemy, but if issues of divorce, dating, and the like are not something your family wants to tackle, this may not be good.
It was a bit long at about 2 hours, but did keep the kids' attention. It was enjoyable, but not really a family movie for us, it was more geared toward young adult girls. I could totally see it being a good slumber party movie.
Have not seen that one Ma. Thanks for the review,
ReplyDelete