Friday, March 28, 2014

Bread Apocalypse Freezer of Doom

Or something like that is what my daughter called it.








What's nice about having the job is that I can stock up, move funds around, stash some away for when something goes on sale. It's not that I couldn't do that before to a degree, but now there is more. It makes things much easier around here.


While stopping at the store just for one item the other day, I saw that they had a lot of bread marked down, so I snapped up around $10 worth. I wouldn't have been able to do that before.


I still love baking my own bread, but haven't had the energy, will, motivation, or time to do it right now. I just keep feeding my starter every three days and it is there for me when I want to make pizza from scratch, which is about every two weeks now.

I'm sure this freezer will be eerily empty again before you know it.







4 comments:

  1. Yep. The more money you have in the first place, the easier it is to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes- you will be ready for the breadpocolypse…I once bought some sort of "VEGGIE CHIPS" that were on managers special at Kroger. Big Mistake. The bread is good though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll follow you anywhere Ma Alice. I'd recognize that "Manager's Special" discount sticker anywhere! We don't have Kroger's in California, but they own the regional grocer Ralphs Supermarket here in Anaheim. Love those "Mark Downs" for the freezer! Great to see a fellow shopper!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..