Being as much of what goes on here is pretty heavy, I'd like to take Fridays as a time to lighten things up a bit. I do have a side that is not so introspective and brooding all the time.:)
Back when we were young marrieds, we had some friends we hung around with and we played the Super Nintendo quite a bit at their apartment (mostly Mario Kart). We didn't have one, but all that changed one winter's eve when coming home from a hockey game. We stopped at Walmart and brought our baby home.
At first, we tried to relive the fun of playing Mario Kart like we did with our friends, who were now not really around much anymore, but then moved onto the platform games. I really was not good at these, though, so I would just watch my husband play. One day he decided he wasn't going to play, though. I still wanted to watch the game, so I was forced to give it a try and keep trying.
I love video games:)
The first one I was "forced to play" (that he quit playing) was Donkey Kong Country 2. I did beat the game and got all the goodies, too.
I am now pretty hooked on video game music. This medley of DKC 2 is something I've been listening to quite a bit lately.
It takes just about this long to drive to work.
Have a great weekend!
Back when we were young marrieds, we had some friends we hung around with and we played the Super Nintendo quite a bit at their apartment (mostly Mario Kart). We didn't have one, but all that changed one winter's eve when coming home from a hockey game. We stopped at Walmart and brought our baby home.
At first, we tried to relive the fun of playing Mario Kart like we did with our friends, who were now not really around much anymore, but then moved onto the platform games. I really was not good at these, though, so I would just watch my husband play. One day he decided he wasn't going to play, though. I still wanted to watch the game, so I was forced to give it a try and keep trying.
I love video games:)
The first one I was "forced to play" (that he quit playing) was Donkey Kong Country 2. I did beat the game and got all the goodies, too.
I am now pretty hooked on video game music. This medley of DKC 2 is something I've been listening to quite a bit lately.
It takes just about this long to drive to work.
Have a great weekend!
I love playing Mario, and Donkey Kong.
ReplyDeleteMe too Denise:)
DeleteBack when the Beautiful Woman was pregnant with out first child, we played a lot a Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars: Battlefront II. My wife, as it turns out, is best suited to sniper classes, and has a somewhat embarrassing (to me) tendency to sit back on some rocky outcrop and rack up a truly impressive kill count, while I charge valiantly into battle and die repeatedly. But I digress...
ReplyDeleteAnyway, at one point... No, let me set the scene. It's late in the pregnancy. My wife and I are sitting in chairs in front of the television, each of us holding a controller. I am holding mine in my lap. My wife, being hugely pregnant at the time, has hers sitting on top of her belly. On the screen in front of us, we are struggling desperately to halt the advance of the imperial stormtroopers, who are accompanied by Darth Vader himself. Then, in the midst of the battle, this teeny little foot (we think) sweeps up from inside his mother's belly, and kicks her controller onto the floor.
We lost the battle. We couldn't stop laughing.
Valiantly dying repeatedly :) That's funny.
DeleteI used to set the TV controller on top of Mt. Belly and boy would it move.
I've never played any of the Star Wars games, but my kids like the Lego ones.
Never played Donkey Kong, but the music in the video you linked is pretty cool.
ReplyDeleteHi J. M.,
DeleteI haven't played it in awhile myself, I hope they make it downloadable on the Wii.