I saw this last night:
It reminds me of what the Apostle Paul wrote to the Romans about the Law being dead and now we can be married to another. Christ is the end of the OLD way, the Old system of judgement, eye for an eyeness, retribution for every little infringement of the letter.
It seems as though as hard as we try as Christians, we can't seem to let the old stay dead. The Old Covenant sneaks it's way into most every flavor of Christendom in some sense. But that's not really the point of this post, I guess.
It's what the picture says.
He makes all things new.
amen thats right..the old has gone we are new creatures now in christ Jesus...aleluyaaaa!
ReplyDeleteAmen, so true.
ReplyDeleteAmen to this!!!
ReplyDeleteSeems like a valid point, Ma. I'm struggling much with: "The Old Covenant sneaks it's way into most every flavor of Christendom in some sense" Galatians 5:1
ReplyDeleteIndeed. I'm really starting to ponder upon it. I think the Old Testament is done done. That's all I really know right now.
DeleteI really like that quote!
ReplyDeletePutting aside the old nature for the new nature is something that I struggle with on a daily basis, but I'm working on it.
Blessings!
Me too. It is a daily minute by minute thing.
DeleteCan you even imagine what heaven will be like-when we don't have this struggle even more. We will have such freedom to just be! Just be in His presence and be what we were created to be.
ReplyDeleteIt will be amazing:)
DeleteGood stuff Ma!! Always amazes me how I am attracted to things in the OT. Even so, I am learning to reject the images of laws, altars and priests and embrace the freedom that Jesus offers.
ReplyDeleteLove this Ma! I'm thinking in terms of forgetting what's behind and pressing forward; discerning the times and flowing with what God is doing or saying and not letting past mistakes or blunders hinder me.Blessings. :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Ma,
ReplyDeleteI think the past is still at this time "memorable" for a reason, but to remember that God is over the past as much as He is over the future. I think it is good to have remorse for things done badly, and it serves as a reminder of God's mercy and forgiveness, and that it was "no small price". I think too many want to cherry pick verses that only tickle ears these days. We need to remember that God is God over all, good and bad. He sees us through the tough times. He gives us the strength needed to see the fact that heading for hell (which many are) is a terrible thing, and that we are to warn as we see in Ezekiel 33. If we only have our head in the clouds, or in the sand, to only see what we deem to be "good" (which we have a skewed idea of what good is anyway), then we forget what we need to warn others about. I think it is good to go through those "valleys of the shadows" because it makes us so much more grateful, and stronger as we see the Lord walking us through those times.
Just my 2 cents. :)
I think too many want to cherry pick verses ....
DeleteI think everyone does.
" I think too many want to cherry pick verses that only tickle ears these days. "
DeleteNo, not EVERYONE, but MOST PEOPLE do. ;-)
My point in leaving out the ear tickling part was that there are certainly differences in the way people apply scripture to their lives. And in doing so, there is picking and choosing being done.
Delete