I have mixed feelings about posting music that has influenced my life, been part of my ups and downs. It seems silly for some reason, but I can't get it off my mind.
The soundtrack of our lives is one that can be very personal and yet in another way can bring people together in ways not many things can.
My husband and I saw Elliott Smith first on Late Night with Conan O'Brien years ago. I went out and bought him the CD for Christmas that year. We both fell in love with Smith's music and still are to this day.
Independence Day is one of my favorites.
Music can have a huge influence over our lives- our minds- funny, that someone else's thought's can quickly, and without warning, become our own. "Oh be careful little ears what you hear…" I'm kidding- sort of :) I completely get what you are saying though. Music has had a very big impact on my life.
ReplyDeleteI understand what you mean, Sarah. Sometimes if I listen to depressing music too long it can really start to change my mood.
Delete'Cool little tune. Very Paul Simon-like. 'Was sad to learn of his passing at such a tragically young age when I researched him :(
ReplyDeletePaul Simon-like...I can see that.
DeleteWe were in the Catholic Church when he died and it affected me deeply. He was not a believer and certainly not a Catholic and the thought of him going to Hell really upset me. I almost included a post about that in the series but decided not to.
He was not a believer and certainly not a Catholic and the thought of him going to Hell really upset me.
ReplyDeleteAs it should really upset you. The fact that it did(does) bother you says a lot about you, just like it says quite a bit about those who stand by and defend the whole idea. But to extend them the benefit of doubt, if "life and death" were not hinged on Christianity and its Bible being true, there'd be no reason to defend such a heinous and barbaric idea. So, I like to believe that the ones who defend it, wouldn't. But alas, they are victims, hence how they are "stuck" defending it.
Addendum: My mom used to play 8-tracks of Simon and Garfunkel when I was a kid. I always thought Garfunkel's afro was the funniest thing.
ReplyDeleteMy parents had this album. I always did too:)
Delete