I don't have much to say today, but I've been neglecting this blog, the photo blog, and just caught up on all the blogs I read regularly. I'm getting used the change in routine, but have been pretty lazy about the blogging and the housework (one is definitely not a necessity of course).
The kids are doing a fantastic job of stepping up their chores in so that I don't come home to a house that is completely trashed on the nights I'm gone, and my hubby is doing a great job in making sure they do their jobs. I would love to give them a raise in allowance, but I'll have to see how the money flow is going to be. We need to start doing school again next week and I am not particularly looking forward to it, but it will snap me back in productive mode. I'm hoping by the start of the next school year to have a completely different set up for school, so it's just a half year more of this.
It's terribly cold today, but I think we will go out and brave the weather anyway. The kids have Christmas money burning holes in their pockets, and I just want to get it over with. Toys "R" Us look out!
I had a strange God thought the other day. What if there was a God, but he just didn't know you existed? A benevolent force of everything, yet somehow removed from us mortals in a way that made it impossible to connect. I know it is a crazy thought, but one that hung with me for a moment. I don't know I think I was way too tired at the time. I don't hear very much about God at work at all, I've been keeping my ears open to hear what the word on the street is. There was one customer while I was training that handed me my (trainer's) tip wrapped in a tract. I didn't read it.
For the most part, though, I've been too busy to worry about the meaning of life right now. It really is a welcome break for a moment, but I know how my brain works, I'll be right back at it soon enough.
Have a Great Weekend!
The kids are doing a fantastic job of stepping up their chores in so that I don't come home to a house that is completely trashed on the nights I'm gone, and my hubby is doing a great job in making sure they do their jobs. I would love to give them a raise in allowance, but I'll have to see how the money flow is going to be. We need to start doing school again next week and I am not particularly looking forward to it, but it will snap me back in productive mode. I'm hoping by the start of the next school year to have a completely different set up for school, so it's just a half year more of this.
It's terribly cold today, but I think we will go out and brave the weather anyway. The kids have Christmas money burning holes in their pockets, and I just want to get it over with. Toys "R" Us look out!
| Snow |
I had a strange God thought the other day. What if there was a God, but he just didn't know you existed? A benevolent force of everything, yet somehow removed from us mortals in a way that made it impossible to connect. I know it is a crazy thought, but one that hung with me for a moment. I don't know I think I was way too tired at the time. I don't hear very much about God at work at all, I've been keeping my ears open to hear what the word on the street is. There was one customer while I was training that handed me my (trainer's) tip wrapped in a tract. I didn't read it.
| source |
For the most part, though, I've been too busy to worry about the meaning of life right now. It really is a welcome break for a moment, but I know how my brain works, I'll be right back at it soon enough.
Have a Great Weekend!
The "God thought" you had sounds quite similar to the Deist God. You might want to check out this webpage: www.deism.com/deism_defined.htm. When you have time, of course. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Nan, I will.
DeleteThat was my thought too Nan. Some of the Founders (like Jefferson) seemed to be Deist like.
DeleteIt is soooo cold here-we are not used to this at all. But so far no snow or ice.
ReplyDelete