We try to set aside Saturday evenings with no guests, no computer, no video games and all sit down as a family to watch a movie together. We don't have cable or wish to subscribe to any kind of movie service, so we buy a DVD once in a while to add to our library. Some are keepers and some are not. Finding it very difficult to find info online about specific movies that fit our criteria, I thought I would start reviewing ours here, usually on Monday. Hopefully this will be of use to anyone looking to build their own family movie library.
This is not our first time viewing this, but my first time reviewing it:)
A scientist/professor is trying to find out what happened to his brother who has been missing for ten years. When his nephew (the missing brother's son) comes to stay with him for a few days, they discover some clues as to where he may have gone and find that he was a "Vernian" who truly believed that the book A Journey to the Center of the Earth was factual.
I've never read the book (The Jules Verne novel), but after watching this movie, I may have to put it on my reading list. This was a good movie. Maybe a bit slow starting, but it gets pretty action packed and was fun to watch. No real warnings here. There are some scary moments that may be a little intense for little ones, but a good family film. It is rated PG for the action and scariness, but there are no language or "romantic" (there are a couple of kisses, but very tastefully done) issues.
This will probably be one we watch again.
This is a great movie :) I really enjoyed it (I have forgotten that main actor's name, he also starred in "George of the Jungle", anyway, he's CANADIAN, lol). Great stuff!
ReplyDeleteBrendan Fraser:)
DeleteWe haven't seen "George of the Jungle", but we enjoyed him in a movie called "Blast from the Past". I don't know if that one is okay for the kids, though. I may have to see.
I haven't seen "George of the Jungle" either, I used to watch the cartoons when I was young, don't really remember much except that he had a goofy yell and bumped into a lot of trees.
Delete