 |
| Central Indiana summer haze |
How's it going out there in bloggy land?
It seems that I have nothing to say...gasp!
That can't be right.
I've been praying that the Lord would help me use my two ears and one mouth more proportionately..
(I have two hands to type, though, so the analogy breaks down a bit)
and He has granted this petition with a complete lack of anything to say here.
I
am listening ,though, and someday will hopefully be able to blog about some of the things I am learning- but not now.
So anyway, here's a few pictures from around the compound:
 |
My tea garden is on hold, but it is the perfect spot to make sun tea:)
|
 |
A little broccoli, tomatoes, and potatoes are doing well for now
|
|
|
 |
| That's popcorn over at the right. (non gmo) |
| |
My motherwort patch..it's really tall!
|
 |
| Our "pine cone" tree died...bummer |
I guess that's it for now.
Hi Ma,
ReplyDeleteYour garden is lovely! I wonder what that tall plant is too....? What is "motherwort"? Do you use it in cooking?
Sad about your pinecone tree...I've been noticing alot of evergreen trees dying lately, they've replaced a few here at the apartment complex where I live that completely croaked, and even in Canada when I cross the border, I have noticed some of the evergreens have turned completely brown...I wonder why....???
Hi Susan,
ReplyDeleteHubby is taking care of the garden. I will hopefully be taking care of the produce. Motherwort is a medicinal herb for childbirth and after (as well as other "ladies issues"). I make tea and tincture out of it too.
A bunch of pine trees are dying in our area too I noticed. We had a guy stop by one night to see if we wanted to hire his tree removal services and he said that they are getting some kind of disease. It's sad, that tree has been here a long time.
If that's what Motherwort is for, I'll be planting several acres of that :) !!
ReplyDeleteWe planted popcorn, too! Fun!
Funny Mrs. Jennifer:P
ReplyDeleteThe motherwort was supposed to help childbirth pain. I was VERY concerned about this when we decided to have the last two at home since I am the biggest pain weenie ever and the option of REAL drugs wasn't in the mix. I can't really say if it helped or not, but I did it...twice, so there's that.
It does take the "edge" off on those days, sometimes. It's pretty unpredictable..or maybe psychosomatic. Either way:)
Hey, nothing much to say here as well, only sporadic spurts here and there. Can't wait to see what you've learned. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteSun tea! What a great spot to use for making it. My Mom always put it on our front porch. Lovely pictures, Ma!
ReplyDeleteooooh....popcorn. fancy stuff! Every year I think I should grow popcorn and I ALWAYS forget! Our garden is keeping me quite busy. Those ridiculous weeds can't seem to keep themselves at bay. Everytime I pull weeds though, I think about my own heart, so I guess it's a good thing :) Hope all is well w/you and your family.
ReplyDeleteHi Petra,
ReplyDeleteI've noticed your posts are down too. Maybe the summertime blues? :)
Hi Trisha, love the new profile picture, what a cutie! We go through a lot of tea here.
Hey Sarah:)
I hope the popcorn works out. I'm afraid that once it starts coming in, something will eat it. I'm pretty pessimistic about the garden (the hubby has pointed out). We planted wheat last year and the birds ate every bit of it. I'm sure I already told you that, though, I told everyone. How in the world do you stop birds!? I like the weeds and heart thing, very nice:) Mine is overgrown at the moment:(
OOOOO suntea YUM!
ReplyDeleteToo bad about the tree. that plant is a curious thing. as soon as you find out what it is will you post about it?
Blessings, Joanne
Hi Joanne,
ReplyDeleteI was almost sure it was a stinging nettle, but I don't think they get that big. I will have to look into it again.
I am sure the Lord will give you just what you need to say at just the right time. I have felt that same thing quite a bit with blogging. I am learning to keep silent at those times. Love the pictures of your garden though. Would love to have a cup of that sun tea!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Jackie
Hi Jackie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your encouragement:)