Friday, July 15, 2011

And THIS Time I'll Be Ready

Thank you all for your great comments and ideas about the heat and the cooking thing. We are having delightfully cooler temps for the next couple of days in which I will get some things done ahead of time.


I am baking a double batch of bread today and baked four loaves of banana bread yesterday.  Anything oven will get done today and then just reheated over the next swelter that is upcoming.

From NOAA:
You gotta love the glowing hot sun....

And, I found that ice went pretty quick, so I'm getting ahead on that, too. As with everything else, this is a learning curve and experience will hopefully teach preparedness.


Now, with things a-ready, we can enjoy the heat!





I got a kick out of this..I guess I've been having some "Charlie Brown moments" lately:

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy the heat, my friend. Any plans on getting your A/C fixed? Haha, I too have my Charlie Brown moments. I liked Snoopy chillin' on top of his big red dog house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plans-yes

    Funds-no:)

    Seriously, I love the idea of not being dependent on it and despite all my murmuring about it, I am learning a lot and getting prepared ahead of time will be a big help.

    When one isn't in control of the climate, one must adjust and reschedule things..no biggie if I have the foresight to do it!

    We could use a couple of more fans, though, and that is do-able.

    I am feeling VERY Charlie Brown this week though...good grief:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh just thinking of turning on the oven makes me cringe right now. thank God for a couple of cool days for you....ahhh I can almost smell that bread!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ma, I grew up in a house with no air conditioning, spent several South Florida summers (which are about 10 months long by the way)with a system that "cooled" our house down to 85 degrees, so I sympathize with you and admire your sweet spirit of making the best out of a hot situation.:)

    Can smell that banana bread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't able to view the video, message stated that an error occurred, grrr . . .

    It's never fun to deal with the heat. Fortunately, the days have been cooler in my part of the world. Usually at this time of year, it's in the 100's.

    What kind of bread are you going to make? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne,
    I hope you enjoyed your vacation:) The cooler weather wasnice, but here comes the heat!

    musemater-
    We never had a/c when I was a kid, either, so I am pretty sure we will all live:P It's amazing how spoiled we get.

    Hi WC:)

    I read your post today, very nice...I guess I could've commented:) I just made regular bread for hubby's lunch sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..