Sunday, May 22, 2011

2 Timothy 2:25-26


In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And [that] they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.




I mentioned in an earlier post that it was a total stranger telling me that I was on my way to hell (which I knew already....deep down) that was a factor of my eventual repentance.

Let us pray for this sad and lost young woman.

I'm definitely trying that cinnamon thing too.

10 comments:

  1. I agree about context...however, we are planting seeds that God uses, and if Lady Gaga is on God's list, she will eventually "get it" not because one of us finally "got it right" with her, but because Jesus opens up her understanding and changes her heart. Until that time, nothing we say to her will make sense to her anyway. That's the way it was for me too. I was a terrible mocker and blasphemer, but God had other plans for me. :-D

    Great clip, Ma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool video. We sure do need to pray for Lady Gaga and others like her. I have a heavy heart for Oprah, she is leading so many astray.

    I read your testimony, loved it! We need to keep on spreading the word of God in the way He tells us to for it does plant seeds and God will take those seeds and water them, if we are His children we will hear the call and wake up. I bet this man prayed for you often. When I evangelize I pray for those people. There are a few that I have been praying for 8 years and more.

    Thanks for sharing this and cinnamon, hmm could be very interesting. :)

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Child of God,

    That guy REALLY offended me, but he DID make me think. I truly believe that I have had many people praying for me over the years.

    Susan,

    I totally agree with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree and I also vote for the cinammon - and pray that street evangelist can hone his techniques a bit. eeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ma,
    Many times I have an "oh ye of little faith" mentality even after 40+ years as a Christian I am too concerned about saying it the "right" way too often.

    You've turned on a light bulb! I needed to be reminded of this again! My shutting up makes me unfruitful and unloving.

    Popularity & acceptance with the world is always that way, letting people go on into disaster rather than embarassing them or ourselves. And that's why fame & fortune are so fickle, there's no love in them, only superiority which gets knocked down sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane,

    I thought his answer was kind of funny when she said she was raised Catholic. But I know what you mean, although, I can't imagine getting to someone like her. Only the Holy Spirit can.

    Hi musemater:)

    I don't like witnessing..I'm NOT good at it. But the Lord has giving me ways to do it in writing to a few family members. I don't know if I'll ever see them come to the Lord, but I keep hoping and praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing new under the sun...the approach to Lady Gaga or Lady Gagas' response...I keep thinking about this same exchange through different people through all my life

    Oh yes, contentment is a wonderful thing...I am not there yet, but I am praying God changes my heart as I continue to seek His kingdom.

    Thanks for stopping by...oh if get a chance to download Matt Chandler's recent sermons I think you will be so blessed...I know we are at the church...my daughter still wears the rose necklace

    ReplyDelete
  8. If God really is sovereign, then He can certainly and definitely use a guy with horrible communication/witnessing skills. God's Holy Spirit is the agent that makes an ear receive and a heart contrite. I thank God that He uses different people, and even the foolish things...

    So, yea, great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All we can do, is tell it like it is. Whenever has it been easy to tell the truth about anything? Much less the truth of Salvation? It always uncomfortable for us sinners to hear. The Holy Spirit will do the rest. If she doesn't get saved,who knows maybe one of her entourage will. She is worth praying for,and all who work with/for her, and around her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. True Velvet. I feel sad for her:( I was a mocker and the blasphemer, too at one time. God has been so good to me.

    Petra, I know that He can. It amazes me what He does use to get through to a person.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..