Monday, February 28, 2011

Israelology and Plank of Woodism With Pastor Jim

Jim McClarty has just started a new Wednesday night series in which he is going through Romans to see what the book actually says about the church and Israel. I am really enjoying it so far and highly recommend it to anyone with questions about this issue.

This week was part two Heir of the World.
He challenges a very famous pastor's exegesis (if you want to know who is is, you'll have to listen :) ) of Romans any explains why we as members of the Body of Christ are not spiritual Jews. 

If I were near the Smyrna, Tennessee area I would be there Wednesday nights with bells on, but since it's really not within reasonable driving distance, I will have to settle for the audio teachings online of which I am extremely grateful.

Follow along out there if you're interested in this sort of thing. I will probably come back to this and highlight particularly interesting parts in the coming weeks and months.

Here Jim briefly explains his own hermeneutic system so you know where he's coming from:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome..