Thursday, February 3, 2011

Strength Renewed



This verse is one of my favorites. It was shown to me by the Holy Spirit, who reminds us of everything Jesus said, several years ago during a dark time in my walk.

It came up again recently, almost as if He is saying "Remember".

Remember how I pursued you.
Remember how I saved you.
How I let you fall so I could raise you up.
How I opened and closed doors to direct you.
I let your heart be empty and broken so that I could fill and heal it.

I DO remember, but at times the enemy is louder, realer, and seemingly more present.
He makes me doubt, despair, run away from You.
He whispers lies and sends messengers of deceit my way.
He takes the sins of the past ,which You have forgotten, and puts them ever before me.
Accusing, mocking, gleeful over the things he has to use against me.

BUT WAIT UPON ME He says. And so I wait

This waiting is hard, but He gives us the strength, even second by second to keep going. 

7 comments:

  1. I need that strength...thanks for reminding me
    Yes snow for us isn't like you have snow, it is for a few days, and only a few inches...it was 78 on Saturday and will be back in the 50's for the weekend..yes we are having Super Bowl here so it has to warm up LOL
    This is record cold for us and it will make spring even more precious this year! We are use to hot and in August when it is in the 100's we will wish for the cold...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just spoke my heart. Ah, what a good Father we have, that He would constantly remind and comfort and reassure us!!! Blessings, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Petra:)

    Janette, what crazy weather everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this sweet reminder, sister :) Love & blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes He does Ma. I've clung to this wonderful promise many times in my life.
    God bless you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Diane,

    I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This poem is great because it is so expressive of the ploys that the Evil One uses against us ... to deceive and distract us from life in Christ (faith, devotion and trust) to death in selfish disobedience. To tempt us away with the lie of freedom to sin, then accuse & mock us in our selfish slave addictions of the flesh. I will use this in my New Christians class at church. Thank you Ma.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..