Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trumpets and Voices and Shouts



 


Richard Jordon of Grace School of the Bible is currently going through the book of 1Thessalonians in his Sunday night studies at Shorewood Bible Church. He just got into the big "last trump passage". I have read some things lately that give a pretty good presentation that the "last trump" is the seventh trumpet of Revelation. I just happened to run into Mr. Jordan's teaching in my daily listenings at the same time as seeing opposing views on other blogs and from other teachers that I respect. If anyone is interested, this is a well studied look at the issue. Brother Rick is very rightly dividing in his understanding of the scriptures, so that is something to consider.

The whole Thessalonians series is worthwhile to listen to, but this is the teaching where he explains why he believes that the last trump is not the seventh trump.

6 comments:

  1. Will listen later, no time at present... but I have heard it explained before that it couldn't be the 7th trumpet of Revelation because there are trumpets sounded in the Millenial Kingdom.

    But when you consider the pattern throughout the Bible, think of Jericho and the seven trumpets in what happened there. 7 trumpets has to do with 7 alarms, and completion of something.

    I will listen later, hopefully after midnite 2nite and post further thoughts at that time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to the link today, and I agree with much of what he says. There are some things that he says about the Lord's or last trump and the 7th trumpet that I cannot confirm because I do not know Greek, and from what I can tell, this pastor is going by what he can glean from the English. This is one of those areas that I believe you would need to know the Greek and read each passage in it's proper context with the proper grammatical forms of sentence structure, which you cannot get from only looking at the English translation. That's why I wrote Dr Luginbill to ask for his assistance regarding these things, to see what he would say about it. ;-) Hopefully he will answer back in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Dr. Luginbill answered with lightning speed. He is a post tribber, but he agrees with the 7th trumpet not being the same thing as the Lord's trump, a.k.a. the last trump. He says the 7 trumpets are warnings and judgments and the last trump is one for our rejoicing. I still think that what the world sees in judgment and terror, can look completely different to someone who is seeing it with opened eyes and understanding. Also what Pastor Jordon said about the time aspect of the seventh trumpet and the time of the Thessalonians trump is also something that I see a little differently. In Thessalonians we are changed in a twinkling, at the end of the sounding of the trump, but it doesn't say how long the trump is.

    But here is Dr. Luginbill's thoughts on the 7 trumpets:

    http://ichthys.com/Tribulation_Part_3A.htm#III.%20The%20Trumpet%20Judgments:%20Revelation%208:6%20-%209:21

    and

    http://ichthys.com/Tribulation_Part_4.htm#I._The_Seventh_Trumpet_%28the_Third_Woe%29:_

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gotta love Dr. L! I'll look at the links. R. Jordan doesn't do a lot with the original languages, but he is studied in them.

    Check out Kingdom Studies free ebook on the last seven years if you get a chance, too. He is a postie and has written some things about it. The link to his blog in on the side;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I finally got around to looking at Dr. Luginbill's work:) So he is a postie in the truest since, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, full on postie, not a middie ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..