Saturday, July 24, 2010

Joseph

We don't watch many movies, but once in a while something good will actually show up on TBN.
This is actually a very Biblically accurate account of the story of Joseph and then some. I will say that it does not sugar coat anything.  In some places one has to really wonder why did God choose these people again?


He chose them because that was His choice.

Exodus 33:19
And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.


We seem to have a kind of candy-coated view of the sons of Jacob being like the Sunday school coloring pictures we get, all smiling and hanging around sheep.  But these guys were just as human and depraved as the rest of us.

The scene where they throw him down the well is kind of hard to watch as the brothers ruthlessly listen to his cries and let him sit there for what seems like hours...or perhaps days. You could see how much they just hated him, well most of them. It makes me want to go off on a tangent about the parallels between the story of Joseph and the way the Jews treated Jesus during the first coming and how they will be reconciled at the second coming, but I won't do that now.

I really liked this film and will probably watch it again at some point. It is pretty long (about three hours) and I do believe it was a made for TV mini-series type event.

The ending is kind of a tear-jerker and I was disappointed that it was over....it could have just continued on into Exodus so far as I was concerned.

You can actually watch the whole movie on youtube. Here is a link to part one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome..