Friday, August 1, 2014

It's Happening

So this was the first week of public school for three of my six. All in all I don't think it could have gone any better. Everyone seems to be having a good time and making friends and no one is begging me not to go (yet). Of course it is the first week, so there hasn't been much in the way of homework, so it will be interesting to see how much or little they end up with when it really gets going.



I have another starting a hybrid school next week and I will be glad. He is so bored right now so we've been trying to keep busy running errands and such. The older two will be doing online only classes in a couple of weeks, but I need to find some activities for them. All this with me working five nights a week or so has kept me pretty busy.


My comic relief artist at it again...on my paper plates.



 I feel like I'm just running on part terrorized adrenaline mixed with pure determination with a large helping of regret and guilt and a pinch of cautious optimism and a garnish of hope. I have no way of knowing how all this will turn out, but I am feeling much better now that it has not yet been a huge disaster. I think of last year at this time, when none of this was even on the radar. I had just lost my faith and step by step, I've had to rethink everything and schooling was a huge part of that. I can't believe how many things have changed.


So us homebodies are off to market, to spend my woman-earned money on household supplies.




And here's some awesome video game metal.








Have a great weekend!!



4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to read this post! It's great to know your first week went so well. What a relief!

    "I feel like I'm just running on part terrorized adrenaline mixed with pure determination with a large helping of regret and guilt and a pinch of cautious optimism and a garnish of hope." Love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janelle. It has been exhausting for all of us, but I hope it's the right thing to do.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You can be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..