Seriously.
It's also been very very busy around here. I'm actually working more than we initially wanted me to, but the money has been so helpful that I decided that it was worth it to pick up an extra day, especially with all the back to school expense. I really had no idea how much it would cost and I'm very glad that I had plenty saved up. There are a couple more things I need to get still, but we are pretty well set.
Three will be going to the public school school, two will be doing online school and one a part time home and part time there thing. I got his books in the mail Monday and looking through them, it seems that I will need to be more hands on than I thought. It makes me a bit nervous, but it all makes me a bit nervous.
The three public schoolers start on Monday and the others a couple of weeks from now.I honestly don't know what is going to happen with school. I don't know if it will be successful, or a huge mistake, but here we go.
::waves:: We're finishing up our summer, too. Your school arrangements don't sound bad; I wouldn't worry over them (though naturally I would look for feedback from the kids, so I had some idea how things were going).
ReplyDeleteHi Michael:) This year is highly experimental- very worrisome, but I know kids are resilient.
DeleteSchool is starting next week? Does your area have "year-round" school?
ReplyDeleteSome issues with brick-and-mortar school which you might not think of until you have to deal with them: #1. If you're ever absent, there's the matter of getting caught up. #2. Homework. You go to school for however many hours a day, and then still have homework to do. Most kids also have other activities, and eventually part-time jobs. How is there time for everything?
They had year round several years ago, but this is what they called "balanced"- a shorter summer, but 2 weeks off in fall, winter, and spring.
DeleteI have never dealt with these brick-and-mortar school issues before, so we'll see what happens.
I've never heard of "balanced". Sounds good to me; I wish we had it here, especially because it's so hellishly hot here during the summer. The kids don't want to be outside.
DeleteI bet this will be a great year for all of you! I don't blame you for being nervous, though. :)
I hope it is a great year (I'll take good). I've really been having second thoughts these last few days as I can see it is really going to happen. However, I remember why we're doing this in the first place. It's for them to get an education and be out of the house and make friends and learn to function in the "wicked and fallen world" ;)
DeleteI never envied the mom running around all the time to take kids to and fro and work and all that and now I have to do it. It's overwhelming and thrilling, too.
You go, Girl!
DeleteKudos for trying public school Alice. Generally speaking, moving our kids from Christian private school to public schools was a good move for us. Wish you a good beginning to the school year.
ReplyDeleteThanks Bob, I'm glad you had success with it, that makes me feel better.
Delete