2:00 P.M.
"Alice, can you take a seven-top on 111*?"
This was after being double seated in my own section. We were short staffed and everyone was getting more tables than they were happy with. There was no one else to take it. As the hostess took the drink order I accepted that this was going to have to happen.
Okay, don't panic...
This was the first time I was really in the weeds since starting here but I somehow managed to not completely freak out.
Fine, two 2s and a 7, I can do this as long as they don't seat my other table.
I look over at the other table in my 3 table section and see seven people there (this is not the first seven mind you, but another).
The next few hours were a blur of triple seating goodness until the end of the night.
But the money was good.
I get home and see this nice surprise note for me.
And it was...clean.
I'm sure she had some personal motive for such, but I think in a way they miss me and appreciate the things I do around here more.
I watch one Netflix show with my hubby and get a quick bite to eat and sleep a very sleepy sleep.
It was a good day:)
*all table and co worker names will always be completely made up:)

in the weeds
ReplyDeleteOooo... good one. Surely you know that a few here will be scratchin' their heads on this one :)
all table and co worker names will always be completely made up:)
'K....just don't call the cook "Al"!
Man, it's been a busy week. I may be too old for this:)
DeleteGlad it was a good day.
ReplyDeleteThank you Denise.
DeleteThere's no feeling that's just like the one you get when you're exhausted at day's end but you know you've made enough to pay the bills and possibly have a couple of dollars left over.
ReplyDelete