Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy End of Year



In a lot of ways I feel like the "New Year" is just an arbitrary marking of the passing of time. Also, starting something new in the dead of winter never really made much sense to me, I think spring would be much better, but I don't make the rules. It does give us a reference point though, to look back at where we've been and look forward to something fresh. I personally never make resolutions, but I do have hopes for 2014 that were not at all on my radar in when 2013 began.


The view this morning.



It's been a big year for me, one I never saw coming, but it is what it is at this point. In 2014, I hope to:



  • Get all the kids signed up for public online/ hybrid schools. I feel like they need more education than I can give them, and they really do need some social interaction as well. I want them to be able to be kids and that includes...
  • Get the kids involved in activities. We have been on a very tight budget over the last several years, but now that I am working, I hope to be able to provide them with more opportunities to pursue their interests.
  • Do well at my job and carve out a spot for me to thrive there. I am really liking it so far and I think this could be just the thing for us.
  • Get more exercise. I think running around 3-4 nights a week for 5 or 6 hours nonstop should cover that.
  • Continue to write here on the blog although I don't really know about what.
  • Enjoy life to the fullest and try to be a blessing to others.



My favorite quote of the year was by my husband. When I mentioned that something went against every fiber of my being (in thriftiness matters) he replied:


You have a new being with new fibers.


I like that. 



So goodbye 2013, it was nice knowing you!




10 comments:

  1. (Excuse if this is a duplicate. I hit publish but nothing happened.)

    I would love for you to continue writing about your spiritual journey. Although you've made some decisions related to the direction you're heading, there are always challenges -- especially when you find yourself in situations where you're going "against the grain." ;-)

    Best wishes that you fulfill all your "hopes" in 2014 -- and I wish you continued success in your new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nan, I will probably do a bit more writing on religion here when inspiration strikes. I haven't had any confrontations.....yet, but I'm sure they will be forthcoming. Happy 2014 to you!

      Delete
  2. I like that quote too. All the best for 2014. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Persis:) I hope yours is great as well.

      Delete
  4. Happy 2014 Alice! Hope it is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice it is that I've found a new cyber friend in you. Let me take this opportunity to wish you and yours a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug, I like meeting new cyber friends as well:)

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome..