I thought it might be kind of fun for anyone reading to share his or her first blog post. I can imagine most first posts don't get a lot of traffic so this is a good time to dig them up. We can see if you have changed direction or made your posts longer or shorter....have a good larf or walk down memory lane. Maybe you'll find a new blog to read or someone new to read yours.
| This is where it all happens. |
Won't that be fun?!
I've added a linky thing at the bottom. Please link to your first post and not your home page. Don't make us dig through the archives.My first post is here.
(a little boring and long-winded, but contains a great resource:))
I was initially going to post and comment on bible study and eschatological happenings, but I have kind of drifted.
After linking to your first post, please leave a comment telling us a little about why you blog, what it is about, etc. (I have removed the comment moderation setting, so yours should show right up...I hope to be able to leave it this way.)
You may have to refresh the page in order for your link to show up:)
I look forward to some weekend reading here so get busy!
First Posts!
I entered mine. What a fun idea!
ReplyDeleteMa what a great idea! Thanks for thinking of this!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny, I started my blog to witness to my family and friends and they never read it. But with my prayers most of my family have slowly come to faith in Jesus Christ. And the blog now is really about the testimony and the journey of a believer. After 5 years of blogging there are times when I want to move on, but in some months the blog receives upwards of 23,000 visits! That is mind boggling to me! So the Lord said for us to endure to the end, and to press on! So I will and I hope you all will too!
God bless! Sarah
BTW- it's 4 years not 5. Math wiz I am not... : )
DeleteMe neither:)
DeleteSorry Ma I accidentally added mine twice, you may want to remove that second one. Oops..
ReplyDeleteI think the link-thing must have recognized it, I didn't get two.
DeleteWhat a fun idea. I could use a little fun around here.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your prayers. We are still going through a fiery trial and it could be months before it lets up. Thank you for standing with us.
Love,
Stacie
I'm so glad you visited today Stacie:)
DeleteHi Ma,
ReplyDeleteIt was only last year that I began Flutterbys, and began Bible Treasures two months later, but it seems like so much longer ago.
My first blog entry explains why I chose the name for my blog. I've come to find that I enjoy reading the comments more than my original blog entries, and that also goes for the very first post. :) I just read them again, and it was even better reading them again. Thanks for the revisit, Ma :D
You should put Bible Treasure's first up, too. Why not? Two blogs, two firsts:)
DeleteOk, didn't want to hog two places, but since you asked :)
DeleteBible Treasures I wanted to keep separate from Flutterbys because Flutterbys is a place for me to put my musings about things that have to do with the joys and complexities of this life, and Bible Treasures has more to do with things of a more enduring nature, the treasure the Lord has given to us, and tells us about in His word.
Hope your weekend is a s gorgeous as it is here right now. The sun is shining and there are Canadian geese honking happily on our little man-made pond. :) It's a cool "spring" day out there...don't forget to set the time ahead tonight!
You can hog as many places as you'd like;)
DeleteIt was cold this morning, but it is turning out to be a beautiful afternoon.
The time, yes...I don't mind the extra hour of sleep in fall, but I'm going to miss it tonight.
That's our Ma, always makin' with the bright ideas n' snazzy topics n' such!
ReplyDeletesnazzy topics n' such that's me:)
DeleteI enjoyed reading the first posts. What a great idea. I started my blog as a way to continue to train my adult and now married children in the ways of God. From there it went to a Bible study that I do each weekday morning with my brother by telephone and some mornings I have time to write an article on what I studied in preparation for the morning phone call.You never know who reads blogs, and I haven't yet felt a peace about quitting the blog and so I keep on keeping on :) Your blog posts are always so good. I really enjoy reading them and thinking about the things that grabbed your attention for that day. Blessings! Amy
ReplyDeleteI like reading first posts, too.
DeleteWhat a great idea to keep your adult children thinking on the things of God through your blog. A weekday morning bible study would be great accountability, too. You brother is very blessed:)
This is different Ma. The link I left was reposted later but was originally from my first blog which I deleted because I didn't like the tone of it. Not sure of the exact date this originally posted but probably late 2009.
ReplyDeleteI started blogging for the self discipline of orgainizing and articulating my personal studies. I never dreamed it would turn into what it has - something people would actually read..lol! And of course the great blessing of meeting so many like minded friends.
I feel the gravity of accountability to God for everything I write and am ever prayerful about not erring in what I say and leading anyone astray. I've deleted more than one post for that reason. I pray regularly that the Lord will use my efforts for His glory and for the good of those who stumble upon it. I pray for my visitors, especially those from countries where there is little Gospel witness and great persecution.
I'm often conflicted about continuing and even deleted my blog once but my husband and friends at home asked me not to.
Thank you for inviting us! I have always enjoyed the simplicity of your blog and the sincerity of your musings on things of Christ and home.
The Lord bless you sister!
Ma, I just love this idea! You are so right... when I started the blog I didn't get a comment until after a month or so. Originally it was supposed to be about ten minutes every day and what I did in those ten minutes...it has evolved into a blog where I hope people spend a bit of time with me. sort of like visiting a friend and chit chatting for a bit. This is such fun!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Joanne
I was blessed to have an online friend to comment on my first posts, or it would have been some time indeed:) I like the personality of your blog, it is unique and uplifting.
DeleteFinally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
You do that;)
I started blogging and my blog as a result of reading a post that gave six reasons why a pastor should blog. I thought they were good sound biblical reasons so I said to myself, Self, let's start a blog. I have been married for 38 years, have 4 grown daughters, and four grandkids. I have over 10 years full time pastoring experience, 30 years of teaching the bible, and now desire to plant a church where God would have us. This was a good idea, thanks for letting us share that very humble beginning post.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy your blog Gregg. If I am ever in your part of the country I'll make sure to drop by your church.
Delete"Self, let's start a blog"
DeleteI like that. I wanted to start one for awhile, but I never brought it up to the Mr. until he brought it up to me one day. He wanted to maybe make some extra income by writing a blog, but he really doesn't write:) I volunteered, since I love to write, but it became apparent quite early on that this enterprise was not going to pan out financially.
That's fine by me, I love this as a hobby and have met so many nice people and learned so much.
I think our pastor has a blog out there some where, but no where near as active as yours.
What do you mean, Ma, "extra income by writing a blog"?
DeleteAre you getting paid for blogging?
matermusearts.wordpress.com
No, not at all. We were initially going to do adsense or affiliates or something like that. I hear tell that some can get revenue this way. I didn't want a buncha ads on the blog, though, and we also realized that it would take tens of THOUSANDS of hits a day to make this work at all. I usually get tens only :P
DeleteI have no desire to try to make money doing this now, it's just for fun!:)
I started my blog with the intention of writing about (1) the challenges of growing in faith, hope, charity, and obedience, and (2) my struggles with anxiety and depression. I feel that writing can be a form of prayer, and that it can be a great help in one's personal and spiritual growth. Not that we accomplish our own personal or spiritual growth through our writing, but it does seem to me that God often uses writing to assist such growth, as He does with prayer generally. At any rate, I also planned to write a bit about my life, especially as lived with my wonderful wife. I didn't expect to have any readers, though I now have a few.
ReplyDeleteI want to thank Ma for this brilliant idea - I have now found new blogs to read!
Thanks to all of you for blogging. I have already learned a great deal from several of you, and I look forward to reading the rest of your blogs in time. I have encountered some wonderful, faithful, Christ-loving folks online. I wouldn't have expected this, and I am thankful as well as pleasantly surprised.
In looking back at my first post, I am flabbergasted! So short, no pictures, nothing interesting at all!!!! I had a LONG way to go!! Thanks, this was FUN!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your photos Ginny:) I didn't start really using my own pics until I really got started.
DeleteI am a hospice nurse who loves to write. Blogging seemed like a weird thing to do but my daughter inspired me with her blog, http://www.maria-rose.blogspot.com/ . I found myself understanding that a blog could be used for good... to inspire, encourage or present positive ideas. Once I started, I was hooked. I don't have a very big following but I love to see where my readers come from. I try to always check back on anyone who leaves a comment. If they have a blog also, I check it out. It kind of takes pen pals to a whole new level.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this fun idea!
Hi Susan,
DeleteWelcome and nice to meet you! I will check out your daughter's blog too.
I also love to write, it's my little bit of sanity in my day.
It's not quite my first post - more like my fourth, but the first post that meant anything. But it was definately the catalist for the journey that followed.
ReplyDeleteHi Wendyworn,
DeleteI read it, and a few all around it, including the very first one...took me back to 2008 and another election time...and thinking about things that are happening these days. Strange times, sorry about your little critter Flash...sounds like he was a sweet little buddy.
Hi Linda,
DeleteI'm so glad you linked up with us:) I am so sorry about Flash. I started reading your blog in 2010 I think, I saw it on Kim's (The Mystery of the Ages blog) blogroll. I thought, what a cool title. - I was all into the "waking up" at the time.
I started blogging because why not? Apparently even one scant year ago I took myself a lot more seriously than I do now. Hopefully I'll just get goofier the longer I blog.
ReplyDeleteHi there:)
DeleteI love your goofy posts. I saw your link over at The Frugal Girl a while back on the Friday Food Waste thing (which I am meaning to do one day) and I was hooked!
Hooked! I tell you, that's a high compliment. Someday I hope to go BACK to doing Food Waste Friday. I guess I could today...it IS Thursday after all. Hm.
DeleteI would be up for reading some posts on eschatology. I don't know much about it, but I would like to learn. So, if you feel inspired, feel free to return to that subject. :)
ReplyDeleteI used to think I knew a lot about it, but haven't posted much lately because I'm rethinking many things.
DeleteI do believe (presently) that Jesus will physically come back and am still pretty set on a 1000 year kingdom as is stated in Revelation 20.
Beyond that, I'm in a learning process myself. I did want to speculate on Ezekiel's temple vision and such, but it's such a huge topic.
Speculate away. You can also warn your readers that that's what your doing. Besides, that's pretty much I do on my blog.
DeleteArgh, so sorry I posted mine twice. Pls delete the first one. I'm new to blogging, I just posted my second post. I enjoy doing it and I hope to stick around for a while.
ReplyDeleteDone and done:)
DeleteThanks for visiting, a new blogger you say? I enjoyed your posts and love all things thrifty!
I like the innocence and transparency of my first post. The Mystery of the Ages is, indeed, a GREAT thing.
ReplyDeleteKim
Thanks for posting Kim, you always make me think!
DeleteWhat an awesome idea Ma!
ReplyDeleteI've linked my very first post as requested.
I've always wanted to be a writer, write a book one day. Started but never finished. lol Then, when I was getting married there was an option on the wedding website I was using to blog so I started blogging about what I was doing to get ready for my wedding. Turns out, people were actually reading and following. In fact, one of my readers actually suggested that I start a new blog to update people on what was happening with our quest for my husbands Permanent Residency in Canada. So...liking her idea, I found blogger and decided to start my first real blog. Hence the title - BringingFurmanHome. lol
Thank you Mrs. White,
DeleteI have been over to read. What an interesting idea for a blog, and would be very good to someone in the same situation.
I like to write, too, probably never will write a book, but I find blogging to be just the right thing.
I added my "first" Blog to your list, but if you go back to my ever first post, "Life is a learning experience" is not there. I started blogging after meeting my cousin Laura, who had breast cancer in her mid-thirties. She grew up in Missouri and I grew up in California, with about fifteen year difference in again. We started emailing after a family reunion and found that we were both Christians. She began a Blog to bring Breast Cancer awareness to people. I had been already writing Christian messages and e-mailing them to friends and family, but she mentioned starting a Blog so that the messages of faith might reach more people. I started writing a Blog on "Yahoo" and "Life is a learning experience" was my post. Years later, having trouble with Yahoo, I switched to Google where I wrote new posts, but also posted old messages from the Yahoo Blog. that is why my first is not first. Laura passed away from the cancer, but I honor your every December with a special post in honor of her.
ReplyDeleteI do remember you writing about her. I am always amazed how the bond of believers transcends distance and age and lots of other barriers. Thanks so much for putting your post here, I will go and read:)
Delete