Friday, March 2, 2012

It's Friday, This used to be a Dining Room, and More

I've been waiting for Petra to start up her Wednesday blog hop again to post this, but she's discontinued that for the time being, so I'll post it now:)



When we started to homeschool, I needed a dry erase board or a chalkboard or something to, you know, school on. It took me a little while, but I finally figured out that dry erase markers work on glass beautifully. So the Dry Erase China Cabinet was born.


I taped some paper to the back of the doors you see.



Books have replaced the knick knacks that used to live in here.  Aren't  they neatly organized? The artwork is by the "babies" -the 3 and 4 year olds.





A few years later, the Mr. found this in the storage area of our garage (this house was his grandparent's, so we're always finding cool things)...chalkboard, check!


Someone is in the fridge, as usual.


I overslept this morning, horrors! I don't know what happened. Anyway maybe I needed to sleep, since this has been my mood for the last couple of days:







But, when I got out here it was storming, so that was exciting:


Hail....I never understood it.






Have a great weekend everyone!

20 comments:

  1. I like your "white board" idea. Great motivational graphic, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a neat white board idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's learning all around you, Ma! Have a beautiful weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ladies, I hope someone on a shoestring budget can get some inspiration:)

      Delete
  4. Has it been hailing there? My wife and I recently moved to Raleigh from Chicago, and I have actually been missing the snow and absurdly low temperatures, though my wife definitely has not. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was hailing this morning, then more this afternoon. I wouldn't miss Chicago weather at all, so I'm with your wife on that one!

      Delete
  5. What a creative solution! I love it. I have had some blah days too this week. I feel like a could literally sleep the day away if they let me.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, sleep is a nice diversion indeed.

      Delete
  6. Hail! Here we had wind, and it was NOISY, all night long...and it's still windy out there, though not as bad as it was last night! I was thinking of the Wizard of Oz and Dorothy's house in the tornado last night!

    Thanks for the link, Ma, it's LONG! and there's much to read there, want to read his thoughts about hell. I think he doesn't think there is one...so I'll have to ponder & consider his reasons why. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really upset by his site at first, too, but if one is truly seeking the Truth we needn't fear. I find that as I have mellowed (HA!) that I'm not so afraid to eat the meat and spit out the bones as they say. We are all deceived about something I'm sure.

      Delete
  7. You are a genius for inventing the school china cabinet!!!! SO creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cool. I feel bad now. :( Well, almost. :)
    I might start it back, don't know yet. The main reason for quitting was that my linky got hijacked and spammed. Had to close it. But keep up the good work!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that. I have run across a few instances where you know someone is just trying to generate traffic to their own site...which is fine, I guess, but I'm not really into that.

      I imagine a blog hop is a lot of work, too. I don't usually participate in them, myself, but couldn't resist the WoW.;)

      Delete
    2. Hi Petra,

      So sorry you are having trouble with your website :( I haven't been able (and still cannot) go to your blog, it says I have to be invited. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

      Delete
    3. Ok, I figured out what I was doing wrong (blush faced emoticon here)

      Delete
  9. My wife and I don't have a working television, and I haven't spent much time reading news online lately. I just heard about the tornadoes in the Midwest from my parents. I hope that everyone is ok near you, and that the tornadoes haven't been in your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie, we're all fine, the storms hit way south of here. I haven't heard much about them, either, as we don't watch TV ourselves.

      My mom was visiting today and she filled me in on what she saw on the news, very sad. And it could be any one of us at any time. Life is so fragile.

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome..