Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Facts




Fact: I'm lacking motivation to keep posting about my two week fall clean.

Fact: I didn't get much done on Friday.

Fact: I still have about half of my list to do and I wanna do none of it!

Fact: It is supposed to rain for the next couple of days after today, so I guess I'm going outside to clean windows.



Good Morning world!




Fact: I will take baby-steps, set my timer and go.

Fact: We went to the apple orchard yesterday after church.

Fact: I bought a bushel of apples.

Fact: That is a lot of apples.

Fact: My dear family is expecting me to make some apple butter.

Fact: I don't like apple butter, applesauce, or apple pie.

Fact: I did have some warm apple crisp at the orchard that was topped with ice cream. (I also suspect it was drugged since I wanted to sleep immediately after eating it).

Fact: I had to wash caramel out of my two year old's hair upon getting home.





That's only about half of them..and FACT my fridge needs cleaning.



Fact: I've linked up my Monday Facts here.



11 comments:

  1. I skipped the apple orchard this year because my generous neighbor shared her bushel with me. ☺ Best of luck as you finish your fall cleaning. Timers are great motivators. Thanks for linking up your Facts! Happy Monday! ☺

    PS...my word verification is 'propel' Does that mean I should get moving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma,

    I need that link for the timer clean-up organizing system....(I forgot to bookmark it--oops)

    It seems when I take a step forward, stuff happens and then it looks as if I did nothing at all, in fact regressed! I understand your feeling overwhelmed!

    I had my final exams for my history class, will find out tomorrow how I did...will post some more about some of my lessons that were AWESOME! :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Susan:

    It's here:

    Flylady

    I'll look for more of your lessons, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ma, you are a stitch!!! and I feel you fatigue!

    My fridge isn't clean either and it's crammed full of quart jars of grape juice that want me to make jelly out of them, the nerve of them! They're just standing there saying, "Nah, nahhny boo, boo, you can't put that leftover in here, this spot is taken!"

    It must be a fruit take over!

    I guess we'll just have to hunker down and process 'em through, huh? As our families will thank us later. lol. I'm so blessed with this "little load" and I thank our Lord I can laugh with you too and hope to lighten both our blessing/burdens.

    In the cold of winter we'll smile at ourselves too as we watch their happy faces consume works.:)

    P.S. I keep telling you a little dirt is goooood for us, it builds strong immune systems, so don't sweat it on the cleaning too much.heh, heh......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irene picked our apples and made some great apple crisp! Hope your fall cleaning goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your facts and your honesty. Timers are great jump-starters! I think the not-wanting-to-do-what needs-doing is a common ailment. Try taking some gratitude elixir, it's sweet and really seems to help. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is funny Larri, sometimes those word verifications can be eerily specific.



    musemater,

    Are those your grapes on your header? I would love to have all that grape juice, but I know what you mean. They are so smug aren't they?:)

    We actually have 2 fridges crammed full. The apples should be okay to sit awhile, the tomatoes need the most attention right now. I'm trying my hand and dehydrating some of them.....The Mr. is a bit skeptical about that, so I hope they make good sauce later.

    And believe me, I won't get too carried away with the cleaning...there just isn't time!




    Hi Gregg,

    That is so nice to have your very own apples to crisp! Thanks for stopping by:)



    Petra,
    I've got a gratitude that I didn't include in the post...

    The orchard apples came out to about 70 cents a pound...MUCH less expensive than the farmer's market or even the grocery store for that matter. If it hadn't been for our fellowship group going, I probably never would've checked it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of apples. I love apple butter but never made it. I found a recipe for making it the bread machine.

    Hope your fall cleaning goes well. I'm doing well if I can do the basics every week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear ya about the lack of motivation. every since I started to care for my mom I am so not into doing anything extra than basic cleaning....UGH!
    Blessings ,Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed reading this post. It was quite entertaining as well as honest. :)

    I will have to try this meme sometime in the near future if I can remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joanne,

    I would say you have a good excuse! It's so great that you are caring for your mom:)


    MW,

    Thank you! The button I linked to on the bottom will take you to the host of this blog party. I think you would be good at this;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..