Don't mix.
The rod had been twisted for some time, but I knew once taking it down to wash the curtains, that it wasn't going back up. After trying to bend the rod back into place and realizing that is was pretty much done (as in one more move and snap), I had an idea!
We never did take down the hanging hardware from our old roller blinds. Since I kept the top of them for some bizarre reason (the blinds themselves long torn to shreds), I figured I would try this out for awhile...at least until I get to the store to buy a new rod.
So today's work produced clean windows, clean curtains, and one slightly skeptical mama that I will be able to make it through the entire list.
| Flimsy white-painted metal is no match for 4 energy monkeys |
The rod had been twisted for some time, but I knew once taking it down to wash the curtains, that it wasn't going back up. After trying to bend the rod back into place and realizing that is was pretty much done (as in one more move and snap), I had an idea!
| The top of the blinds I kept...for JUST this kind of thing;-) |
We never did take down the hanging hardware from our old roller blinds. Since I kept the top of them for some bizarre reason (the blinds themselves long torn to shreds), I figured I would try this out for awhile...at least until I get to the store to buy a new rod.
| I made the curtains myself..check it:) They hang a little lower this way, but totally acceptable. |
So today's work produced clean windows, clean curtains, and one slightly skeptical mama that I will be able to make it through the entire list.
I've linked up this post at This Good Steward for WOW (World of Work Wednesday). Pop on over and share your work!

Well, aren't you the smart one! Very resourceful and smart!
ReplyDeleteAnd yep, those rods don't last. They are magical swords and weapons in little boy's minds.
You're a very resourceful and creative mama! And I'm still rooting for you to make that list. Thanks for linking, Ma!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! How clever of you to have saved that part of blind! It looks great...
ReplyDeleteSuper! Well done!
ReplyDeleteoNice job, Ma! Your curtains look great. Happy Wednesday ☺
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the curtains, Ma! And, I agree wholeheartedly...my boys automatically want to use those metal rods for swords.
ReplyDeleteI am constantly amazed at what my son and his friends get into when they are here. reading this post all I can say is "thank God I'm not the only one this happens too!" your solution was great.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Joanne