Friday, January 7, 2011

The Millennium, The Gospel, The Kingdom, Where are We?

My good friend Shamar has posted this great resource in the comments section several weeks ago:

http://examiningamillenialism.blogspot.com/

Reformed Voices is an excellent site and I have used it quite a bit since coming over to Reformed theology. It is so refreshing to see reformed thinkers being more literal with eschatological passages.


I was never amillennial, meaning that the one thousand year reign of Christ on earth spoken of in Revelation 20 is to be interpreted figuratively. I was always excited about a literal earthly kingdom, bring it on! When I was first saved I dove head first into eschatology, it just fascinated me. It has only been in the last couple of years, though, that the doctrines of God's holiness and absolute sovereign grace have been shown to me as well. I love it when these two worlds can collide.

I would urge anyone with questions or an interest in this to check out the Reformed Voices link above. In the meantime, here is a short clip that they have put together introducing one of the aspects of amillennialism:  the scripture in Revelation 20 that says that Satan will be locked in the abyss for one thousand years during the Messianic Kingdom. Pastor Jim McClarty argues for a more face-value reading of this passage.


MARANATHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome..