I recently listened to this discussion about the nature of Hell on the Unbelievable Radio Program.
James White is upholding the eternal punishment view while talking with Roger and Faith Forester of Ichthus Christian Fellowship who take a conditional immortality/annihilation view.
Although I still think scripture points more to the view that I currently hold, Roger and Faith really make the other view sound quite reasonable and attractive. Maybe when it is all said and done, there will not be eternal punishment...I could go for that.
A very interesting discussion no matter which side one is on.
You can download the show here:
http://media.premier.org.uk/unbelievable/d150564b-b91d-4c94-9a96-e932b3515af3.mp3
Although I still think scripture points more to the view that I currently hold, Roger and Faith really make the other view sound quite reasonable and attractive. Maybe when it is all said and done, there will not be eternal punishment...I could go for that.
A very interesting discussion no matter which side one is on.
You can download the show here:
http://media.premier.org.uk/unbelievable/d150564b-b91d-4c94-9a96-e932b3515af3.mp3
Thanks for the link. I'll be sure and check it out. ~Ron
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Ron. I listened to it twice, but I really enjoy the British accents...quite soothing:)
ReplyDeleteOh dear Ma! I believe the Forester's are on VERY dangerous ground.
ReplyDeleteIn 1990 The National Association of Evangelicals commissioned Dr. John Gerstner to write a book on the Biblical doctrine of eternal Hell because of the large number of Evangelical seminarians had begun rejecting the doctrine.
The result was the book "Repent or Perish"
If you're interested I did a blog on it:
http://theologyforgirls.blogspot.com/search/label/John%20Gerstner
Thanks Diane, I will check that out. I think we would all like to believe that there is not eternal punishment. Like I said, I still do think that Jesus says that it is everlasting, so I don't really know how to get around that. This topic has come up in a couple of different circles of mine recently, so I seem to keep running into this stuff.
ReplyDelete