Just to show that I can poke fun at my own theologies, I saw this over at Dan Phillips Biblical Christianity blog and put a humorous two minute clip from the introduction to the message below:
All kidding aside, Michael Vlach does a good job in giving an overview of what dispensationalism is and is not. If anyone is curious about knowing what this strange and oft ridiculed system is all about, I would suggest listening to the entire message:
http://www.shepherdsfellowship.org/media/details/?mediaID=5200
Also from the Biblical Christianity blog there is this humorous and apologetic post:
I love this one:
| Yes, this book is in our house ;) |
All kidding aside, Michael Vlach does a good job in giving an overview of what dispensationalism is and is not. If anyone is curious about knowing what this strange and oft ridiculed system is all about, I would suggest listening to the entire message:
http://www.shepherdsfellowship.org/media/details/?mediaID=5200
Also from the Biblical Christianity blog there is this humorous and apologetic post:
I love this one:
14. I think Hal Lindsey is stupid, and I like to make fun of him. Really? I think Harold Camping is stupid and, well, he is pretty easy to parody. Is this helpful?
Being that I embrace the five points (mostly, still working on that 4th one) and also embrace much of dispensational thinking, I find his site to be good encouragement to know there are a few of us out there...Semper Reformanda!
LOVED Dan Phillips article! What a hoot! I laughed out loud too about the Harold Camping comment.
ReplyDeleteHave you read MacArthurs message from the 2007 Shepherd's Conference? "Why Every Calvinist Should Be A Premillinialist?"
http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/90-334.htm
Thanks for a good chuckle. Nice to know I have other backwoods unenlightened Reformed Dispensationist friends. lol!
Blessings sister!
I guess that there are a few of us out there..goody! I will look at MacArthur's article, I have heard people mention it, but haven't taken the time to read it:)
ReplyDelete