Job 25
1Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said,
2Dominion and fear are with him, he maketh peace in his high places.
3Is there any number of his armies? and upon whom doth not his light arise?
4How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
5Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.
6How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?
That's how I have been feeling lately, broken. I know that I am saved, but I think sometimes He lets us understand our unworthiness. This too shall pass.

Romans 7:18-25
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
He is all and we are nothing.
So true, Ma, where is the boasting? Sometimes (often) I'm tempted to think flattering thoughts that somehow I do well because of some trait that is from myself. Anything good that I have is only there because God put it there, so how can I honestly boast anything? If we boast at all, our boast is in the Lord Jesus and all He has done and continues to do for those whom He has chosen. :-)
ReplyDeleteI am always inspired what what Paul says here:
ReplyDelete1COR 15
9For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.
I know that doesn't apply directly to us, but the idea is there. By the grace of God I am what I am.