Friday, December 27, 2019

Mary Alice

She was a great lady. That's really all I can say. She was my husband's grandmother. She had five children Marty, Joe's dad, and four girls. Her husband Tim (whom my third child is named after) died on this very day in 1978. She never remarried.


We went to her funeral today. It was at St. Lawrence Catholic Church. I was NOT looking forward to going to mass, but it was what it was.


As the service went on (it was very nice), I considered all that I had been through. I saw the gigantic crucifixes and all the pomp and splendor, and I knew Mary was at peace somehow. I will never forget her. She had 5 children, 13 grandchildren, and from what I can count, at least 27 great-grandchildren. She was loved by everyone.


I will miss her.


















4 comments:

  1. My sincerest condolences to you and your husband. Nothing I can say is going to make that loss any easier, but I'll be thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My fondest memory of her is not exactly "Catholic", but when: I announced that I was pregnant with number 6 at one of the kids' birthday party, she yelled "Cut it off!!!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Alice. That is funny.

    I too send warm thoughts and gentle hugs. <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..