Thursday, September 6, 2018

Whitewashed Tombs

I saw this on Facebook this morning.





We were at Holy Spirit. This was the priest who was written about in The Story.













9 comments:

  1. I was just so shocked. I don't know if you read the article, but he was convicted of theft once and admitted to it another time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did read the article, yes. Was going to comment about his priors and how even within Christianity it just doesn't matter. Forgiveness does seem to cover a multitude of sins doesn't it? Forgiveness and lying. :(

    * Blogger won't let me post under anything but a Blogger acct. Not trying to avoid my blog link. :)

    It isn't shocking to me anymore. I remember a time when it was. It contributed greatly to my trauma. Now? I'm just not shocked anymore. I mean so many stories Alice. But people, the believers themselves look away, sweep under the carpet and submit to the worst of the worst. But they just claim forgiveness, since after all they are just sinners and they do the Jesus dance and just keep on keeping on.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Not sure why that got all mixed up. Anyway . . . :)

      Delete
  3. Some time ago, my very religious family member said that there were (as she heard somewhere) x times as many "atheist" pedophiles than priests, it's just that people hate the church and want to bring it down. hmmmm


    On the blogger profile situation. I had it set to only accept blogger profiles due to some anonymous spamming issues. I may change it later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. x times as many "atheist" pedophiles than priests, it's just that people hate the church and want to bring it down.

    Man, they just love false equivalence and non-sequiturs, don't they? Okay, even if there were 100 times as many atheist pedophiles as priest pedophiles, this would not make atheism false and/or Christianity true(non-sequitur). And when people point out how child-rape is rampant in the priest community and defended in the Catholic community, sure, this could be to bring the Catholic church down. But I'd say it's much more likely just to bring child rapists down and those who defend them. Imagine someone wanting to do that? But more to the point----at the end of the day it's not atheists who are claiming to be "new creatures" who are being guided by a Perfect Being. It's believers claiming that. Curiously, this does not align with reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. does not align with reality.

      None of it does. :/

      Delete
  5. The priest who married us in 1995 was recently defrocked for child abuse. So sad.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..