Monday, December 5, 2016

Gloom and Doom

He sat at the bar about an hour before close and asked what kind of white wines we had. I started to recite them and he asked to sample the Pinot Grigio. Giving a nod of approval, he ordered a 9 ounce pour and dinner. After a second glass, he started to get chatty(er) and commented on this and that, but the thing I noticed was the gloom and doom.



These young people don't know how the world is going to change. This world is not like the one I knew. Shakes head. Trump. Muslims. Hillary. and so on....



I do my busy work and listen as he seems to be not addressing me directly at this point and starts conversing with the other much younger man at the bar.


Gloom and Doom


And I think back to a time when I welcomed such with excitement. I can't help but imagine all the things that would be racing through my mind and news-feed if I were still looking up for Jesus to come back. I'm sure that there is quite a bit going on in the "watcher" groups right now. It's happeningnowrightbeforeoureyes!!! It was 10 years ago and 20 and 100 and 1000 and right up until I stopped watching and life goes on.




I have decided to be happy. I don't want to hear the Hell in a hand-basket stuff anymore. I do think that reality, and by that I mean one's perception of such, is in one's own mind. He sees the world as doomed, I see it as a nice place and I'm really for the most part enjoying my life.


He tipped very well.


The young guy- not so much.




13 comments:

  1. Good for you Alice! I'm with you, just tired of listening to all the doomsayers who look at things through the eyes of someone "lost" in confusion and illusion. Continue to enjoy every moment of this beautiful experience we call life my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, Trump scares me; and a lot of things that are happening that are related to his ascension worry me. But there's no good in dwelling on how bad it could possibly get, and no good in losing track of all the worthwhile things that are also happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of me thinks (hopes) that all will remain relatively unchanged.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes! This totally defines the "hope" of many: It's happeningnowrightbeforeoureyes!!!

    So sad that some live life somewhere off in the unknown future instead of enjoying what they have in the here and now.

    As always, enjoyed your post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nan! I hope to be finding more inspiration to write in the near future.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Alice! I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks, again, for sharing. I hope you and yours are well this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thank you! I hope you and your lovely family have a great holiday, too.

      Delete
  5. "And I think back to a time when I welcomed such with excitement."

    Bizarre, ain't it? Human existence is coming to end and it's actually a good thing. The "Watchers" are not only watching, they're crossing their fingers as they self-fulfill the "Prophecy" that will soon be fulfilled. Um, whaaa? lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm no longer "wasting my time on promises I won't receive.". :)

      Delete
  6. I too have decided to live happy. It's not always possible, of course, but it's an awesomely empowering mindset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I don't think most people know they hold that power.

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome..