Thursday, October 1, 2015

Writing for Writing's Sake

It seems like I used to have so much to say, my brain would be bursting with so much that I had to get to my keyboard and get it all out there. I miss it. Right now, I've got nothing. I know a blog post about not having anything to say is kind of silly, but I miss writing, I miss you guys. I visit your blogs and smile and think, but even then, don't comment much because I feel like I just don't have anything worthy to add.


Is this it? Am I done? I wonder sometimes. I look at successful bloggers and always had hoped I would find my niche and be able to do this for a "living", but that is not really what I want. I enjoy working outside the house and if it weren't for be a waitress, I would certainly get much less exercise than I do now.  Plus, my few followers I feel are sort of my "blog family" and I don't anymore want to add a whole bunch of looky-loos. And the times I've contemplated just deleting the whole thing....



The kids, the house, the job, all things I could drone on about, but I don't want to. I know I've said I'd like to back off of my religion stuff, but sometimes, I'll think of something to say there, too. Everything just seems...still. I would even say I'm kind of bored with life right now. It's a season, I suppose. I wonder if know depression is lurking around here and due to recent events I can justify indulging it for a time.


I just needed to type for awhile this morning.

16 comments:

  1. Well, even if you're update is about having nothing in particular to say, I was glad to see it pop up on my feed. And there's nothing wrong with taking some time off from writing, especially if you're just not feeling it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I resonate Alice. Glad you shared. Good to know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do whatever you need to do my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do so understand. Have been there. Often. But know your friends care about you and appreciate hearing from you. Take care ... you've been through a real rough spot ... don't force it ... the "season" will change in due time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like you're still OK Alice so I think feeling somewhat depressed for a time will be fine. But be diligent and take care of yourself. If it starts to seem like you're always depressed or you stop wanting to do any of your regular activities or start having significant physical symptoms get help right away. Take the break you want, take whatever time you need and don't worry but just look out for yourself. Thanks for updating us on what's going on with you. I know you're grieving now and will feel better when the time is right. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Alice,
    Take this time to grieve. <3 If it means writing, write. Whatever you want or need. If it means stepping away from writing, step away. Be kind and gentle with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear from you...I often think of you and will keep praying for you....hugs...Yaddy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Alice...
    I'm just getting around to catching up at some blogs.

    I've been on hiatus for months. Not really sure I'm "out" of hibernation or not. But I'm taking some peeks out and around.

    After I read your entry here, I read the entry about Cookie Grandpa. My deepest condolences. ((( <3 )))

    I realize Norm's passing alone may not be the catalyst for the "still"ness and the wondering of "am I done?" and the blues/depression. Yet, I'm sure it is part of the mix; so many layers of life in that story alone.

    Hugs and warm thoughts...
    ~Carol <3







    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carol,

      I did see your updated look and new entries. I, like you, have been in hibernation and still reading, but not so much commenting right now. Grief is working, cyclical, probably never-ending, but I feel like the shock is over. The holidays will be different this year for sure, but we all know that the end awaits us all. What lies beyond that is a hopeful mystery and one I'm pondering about all the time. Life is good despite the heartache and I know Norm would want us to live.

      Thank you so much for visiting <3

      Delete
  9. Whatsoever is Lovely has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/11/a-sunday-drive_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it sounds a little bit like depression, but depression kept at bay. I hope that things get into sync for you a little more. there is always something to say but so often we don't feel it. Or that is my experience anyhow. But it gets into focus in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, it sounds a little bit like depression, but depression kept at bay. I hope that things get into sync for you a little more. there is always something to say but so often we don't feel it. Or that is my experience anyhow. But it gets into focus in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a very familiar feeling you've described. It sounds a bit like a combination of not being influenced that much anymore by your newly found ideas/discoveries and of course the loss you've experienced, which did take up a lot of your time.

    Fall always seems to have something depressing. I do not know what it's like over there at your place, but over here it's dark early, grey and windy most of the days, with lots of rain and occasionally a shower of hail. Hugs from over here and when you feel good and ready again you'll know when and what to write.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..