Friday, January 9, 2015

Cold Snap- Snow Days

The kiddos all went back to their various schools this week after the Christmas break. The two onliners get no weather breaks, and the hybrid-er has only two days a week to worry about it, but my three public schoolers had two days off due to the sub zero temps and wind chills.


I got more time off this week, so was able to revisit mom mode more than running-around-like-a-crazy-person mode. It was nice.


We have made the decision to move the three public schoolers to the hybrid next year if all goes as planned. Of all the things, I had the least hope for that, but it has turned out to be the best. That will mean much more commitment from me as "learning coach," but for now it feels right. The kids are all okay with it too, so it's just riding out the rest of this year and then onto new things.






My oldest son has been teaching himself to play guitar over the last few months and is quite good. He was showing my littlest man a few things yesterday and the little one came to me in the kitchen to show off his new skill. He played the intro to My Sweet Lord and it was so cute. The guitar is bigger than he is!


I like that they can teach and learn from each other, I guess I didn't totally screw them up yet:)






ALSO, I have been doing a lot more Instagramming lately than writing, if anyone is on Instagram, let me know, I'd love to follow you.



Have a great weekend!








5 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to read how dedicated you are to your kids and their wellbeing! :-) BIG HUG for you Mummy Alice!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..