Thursday, April 24, 2014

Grumpy Rant and Randomness





I'm trying to get doctor's appointments and dentist appointments, and shots and meetings with schools and on top of that figure out what to feed the kids when I am at work and when to do the grocery shopping now and keeping up the housework...bah!

Anyway, I ran into a snag yesterday when trying to register my son for the hybrid school. They rejected all the homeschool information that I gave them. I called to figure out what they wanted, they told me, I sent it over, problem solved, I thought.

Rejected again.


So I call this morning and tell myself I am not going to be crappy with these people. As I explained the situation to the guy on the phone, I felt it coming on. I was becoming vocally irritated with him and I was downright crappy. When it became clear to me that I was probably sounding like a crazy person, I apologized, thanked him, and hung up. I now get to try to send over what they say they want now.



We'll see... (and now I'm probably the one they call the crazy lady).



On a totally different note:




We finished watching Lost last night on Netflix and I have to say for someone who missed it the first time around, I was very impressed. Lots of spiritual stuff and I found myself crying more than I thought is probably necessary during many episodes. So any Lost fans out there, let's chat about it and theorize away.








13 comments:

  1. "...vocally irritated..." <--- I'm gonna steal that phrase.

    Uugh...on having to get together the paper work...on top of all the other stuff. Hope it goes through this time round.

    We watched most of Lost when it was current...but I 'lost' interest as the series continued... and then turned to watching episodes on and off. When I saw the last episode (which I can't recall much about now)...I was like, "That's it?" *chuckle*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the last one was kind of "oh well" but I still loved it. Being able to watch one episode after another was cool ( I heart Netflix:)) and I can't imagine having to wait a week or even months during the summer for the next one.

      The paper work went through this time, I think they didn't want me to call back :)

      Delete
  2. Hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what Josh does…having been a server in the past, I have no idea why he does this. It drives me CRAZY!

    "What kind of dressing do you have?"
    …lists dressings…
    "Are any of them made in house?" (as if we eat at fancy places!)
    …politely answers trying to not look annoyed…
    "I'll just have the ranch"
    …sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (as if we eat at fancy places!)

      :)

      We thought about taking all the kids out to the place I work, but even with a discount, we're looking at a huge price-tag!

      I need to keep track, but I'm pretty sure ranch is ordered at least 75% of the time. I can't stand mayo, so I've never had it.

      Delete
  4. School stuff, grrrrr. So sorry to hear about all the hassles. No fun. When it's all said and done, you'll be so relieved. Hang in there!

    We've watched the first and second seasons of Lost. I liked it - always kept me on the edge of my seat.

    We've been watching Parks and Rec. Finally caught up and have been laughing the whole time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parks and Rec. is hilarious. We've watched it a few times through. I think of my hubby as a perfect combo of Ron Swanson and Andy Dwyer:)

      Delete
  5. Things are difficult as you are taking on a lot right now Alice,but you are in charge and making your own decisions and I believe defining yourself and your life as never before. You're doing an amazing job right now and I hope you're able to step back every now and then to really appreciate you're new found freedom and you're enthusiastic responses to it. Be proud of yourself for all these earnest efforts. These are the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they really are... (the good old days:))

      Delete
  6. Ha! The crazy lady. I can get like that, too. When you've explained something that seems really simple 7 ways to Sunday and can't think of any other way to explain it I can get very vocally irritated. Then I do what you did. I end up apologizing and walking away thinking, 'that person surely thinks I'm a lunatic(or worse)'.

    I've never watched Lost but I heard it's really good.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all have the crazy lady potential inside.

      I highly recommend Lost, but don't expect any concrete conclusions to everything at the end. It's more of a ride and not a destination show I guess.

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome..