Friday, January 27, 2012

Jehovah Jireh 4

Sometimes you get an I'm here loud and clear.


This past week has been rough. I've been pretty sick and the whole schedule had gone out the window. The Mr. got some groceries last weekend, he really is pretty good at this, he's holding out on me:) but we were short of some things, so I had to take all of us to Kroger yesterday to get enough milk and fruit and such to get through till my next big trip.


My oldest son really wanted some green peppers. They were $1.59 EACH so I said nay and got some celery instead.



Last evening, I was at one of our neighbors picking up some things and she asked if we liked peppers. She had too many and was afraid they would go bad before they got to eating them. She had also gotten the kids some goodies, but that's another whole story. So here they are.




If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Matthew 7:11




Thank you Father, for showing me that You are everywhere and in all our little wants and needs!

25 comments:

  1. Ohhhh... Aren't you glad that God knows the desires of our hearts? What a blessing to have Him hand deliver green peppers to your family through your neighbor.
    Hey, you feel better now, (in Jesus' Name). :)
    Praying for ya,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great example of God's goodness to His children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ma,

    Hey do you have any Nino Salvagnio's nearby you? Ken calls them "that fancy grocery store", lol. They are a little pricey on some things, and actually some things are....cheap (compared to Meiers...where I usually shop). Last week I stopped there and got red bell peppers for $1.59 per pound, each pepper cost about 80 cents! At Meiers they usually run $2 each, or $4.99 per lb. They also have alot of specialty produce that you cannot find in the "regular" grocery store. Their produce is very fresh and plentiful. A friend at work told me the red, orange, yellow bell peppers are better for you because they are ripe. The green ones are not ripe yet...I still love em too though...but I do enjoy the colored ones so I get those more now :) especially at "that fancy grocery store" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Went to "the fancy grocery store" today, and saw how badly I misspelled the name...

      ...it's Nino Salvaggio...

      Delete
    2. ohhh, and the red peppers were only $1.29 lb, and the green ones $.99 per pound! my large red pepper was 65 cents! I could get three of them for what they charge for one at Meier's!

      Delete
    3. Susan you crack me up! I've never heard of that fancy grocery store either way you spell it.:P


      I usually don't buy out of season stuff at all, but green peppers are expensivo any time of year here for some reason, I did get some at the farmer's market this summer for better prices than the grocery. Meijer is usually has very nice produce, but the store is just too big for me, I like a smaller "grocery" feel, and our Kroger isn't overgrown...yet.

      Delete
  4. I hope you feel better soon. Glad God is meeting your every need.

    Blessings,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerfully simple how He is there for yes, even the smallest things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, I can't believe a child was asking for green peppers, but aside from that...it is so neat to see God working in the little areas of our lives. A small thing that seems so insignificant to one person can really give another person a boost of encouragement. He is the God Who Provides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if God put the desire in his heart for peppers that day just so He could give me that encouragement...makes one wonder!

      Delete
    2. "I wonder if God put the desire in his heart..." I never thought of that! Not that He makes us His robots, and yet He DOES have everything in His hands, doesn't He?

      Delete
    3. I've been thinking about this a lot. It says in places in scripture that He turns people's hearts, He hardened Pharaoh's heart, turned the hearts of the Egyptians to be favorable to the Hebrews. (ex 3:21)

      In another place with Abraham and Sarah, he keeps Abimelech from touching Sarah, He even tells him so!


      It all makes me wonder.

      You hear stories of God saving people from making big mistakes and others he just lets go on and make them.

      Are there mistakes? In the grand scheme? I would think not. Even though from our end it is so upsetting and we look back at all the stupid things we did, but I think of Joseph and his brothers and how Joseph told them that even though they MEANT it for evil, God MEANT (didn't take lemons and make lemonade, but MEANT it) for good.


      Not puppets, no, Players on a stage?

      Delete
  7. Great story! Made me smile.

    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you have been sick. I hope you get better soon and things can get back to normal. And it is always so neat when we see how God works in our lives on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise God for green peppers. Our Father indeed is good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry you've been sick!!! I have wondered where you have been lately. The gift of the peppers looks so fresh, and lots of good vitamin C! I hope you get better soon! Everyone around here has been sick, the weather is like summer, not right! It doesn't give the molds a chance to freeze, or the bugs and ticks. How old are your children and how many, I don't see much about you on your profile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny:) My husband agrees that we do need winter to kill the buggies.

      My kids are 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, and 3. Girls on the ends and boys in the middle:)

      Delete
  11. I Love this post Ma. Made me smile. Don't you just love when things like that happen?!! God is indeed good!!!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so much for your sweet comments:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peace dear Ma, my name? Salviano Ad? Of the blog, The
    ? only truth in his pr? pria b? BIBLE. The reason for my
    contact? because I wanted to make a partnership
    name of Jesus, j? posted a blog entry on my dear
    list of blog, is there? then to give a
    granted, and you would like? too? post my m
    blog in your blog, but this partnership? s? if you want.
    May God bless? Oe and look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I call those little things "God's Little Love Notes".
    Happy with you Ma.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love, love, love those stories. I am sorry you have been sick too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry you have been sick. We have been going through the same thing so I know exactly what you mean about the schedule going out the window! God is good though…even in those difficult times. I am learning that more and more each day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..