Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving


It's Thanksgiving!

Thanks be to God for:

SALVATION!

The Mr.- my soul mate and the best, and most handsome, man in the world, God brought us together in the worst time of my life and he knows everything about me..and loves me anyway.

Our children- all healthy, happy and smart...(I think, we homeschool and I don't have anything to compare them with).  I don't deserve them and God has blessed me immensely. They give me purpose, hope, joy, laughter and tears. It is never a dull moment over here and I know I wouldn't be the woman I am without them.

Our church- it  is a great group of believers and I am so thankful that God brought us there.

The freedom to talk openly and honestly about our faith in public and online. I have met friends since coming out of the shadows on the RITA forum and then later on the watcher forum and camp over the last year and a half or so. Friends (you know who you are;)) you have become an important part of my life and I am thankful for this modern day pen pal friendship and fellowship we share!

A home I love, and perhaps have an odd attachment to, and waking up to views like this:

The flag is a nice touch, no? The Mr. has been in a patriotic mood lately:)

The fact that we have just tons of great bible teaching and preaching at our fingertips every moment of the day. I feel like I am feasting daily on the Word, great expositors, and wonderful Christian podcasts that I enjoy and feed my spirit. I am thankful to have an mp3 player to listen to while I do my housework and that I can always be meditating on the things of God.

My hubby's large family who always has been so good to us and will be hosting the dinner today. I got off pretty easy- I only have to make mashed potatoes for about 25 people...piece o'cake.


Have a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving Day!

5 comments:

  1. May your day be filled with laughter, and never ending joy!

    I join my voice with yours and praise our God from whom all blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful list of blessings, Ma! Happy Thanksgiving. :) Enjoy making memories with your family. You are very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on using those adjectives, Ma! Have a truly blessed day!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post made me smile real big :-D We do have so much to be thankful for, alot that we take for granted every day (at least I do) Thank you for helping me to remember that Ma, it isn't just about the turkey :-)

    Love to you and the Mr and little ones,
    ....mmmmm mashed potatoes...

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome..